Sunday, March 6, 2011

REI Snowshoeing Class - San Jacinto


View REI Snowshoeing Class - San Jacinto in a larger map

Our first REI Outdoor class, and it was AMAZING. We took the "Intro to Snowshoeing" class and the instructors were really knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. I spent a lot of time talking with Michael, one of the two instructors, and he said I was running around "like a kid in a candy store" in the snow. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun. I loved every second of the experience and I can't wait to get out there again!


Heading up to the Aerial Tram


San Jacinto summit in the distance


The most layers I've ever hiked with, and I was still cold

The wind was horrible; gusts up to 70mph blasted us occasionally. Thankfully we ended up in some sheltered areas and it was much more pleasant.


I had no idea snowshoes looked like this


Class getting ready


Heading up a hill


Uphill workout


Looking north from "Shangri-La"


Helluva front moving in


Heading back down on the Tram


Storm moving onto the mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment